[SyncEvolution] Issues with evolution 2.32 and syncevolution 1.1.1a

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at gmx.de
Tue Mar 8 21:33:49 UTC 2011

On Di, 2011-03-08 at 20:56 +0000, David Bremner wrote:
> Some preliminary testing suggests that the version of syncevolution
> compiled with the 2.32.2 evolution libs won't work with evolution
> 2.30.3.

I'm not surprised by that. Evolution 2.30 client libs simply seem not to
be compatible with 2.32 EDS, and vice versa. But this shouldn't be a
problem for Debian, right? Just ensure that everything in the same repo
uses EDS from that same repo.

To prevent breakage during upgrades, perhaps EDS 2.32 libs should
conflict with older EDS libs? They are installable in parallel, but
mixing them does not really lead to a usable system.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.