[SyncEvolution] Activesync backend use of username property

Graham Cobb g+syncevolution at cobb.uk.net
Fri Feb 21 17:37:18 UTC 2014

Now that I am beginning to understand the use of the context and the
difference between source and sync configs better, I tried issuing the
following command:

syncevolution --configure --template none \
username=my.email at example.com backend=eas-events \
database=Calendar @Exchange calendar

I think that ought to have worked, because I am configuring a source
(which could be shared by several peers later).

However, it fails:

[ERROR] error code from SyncEvolution fatal error (local, status 10500):
per-peer (unshared) properties not allowed: username

Of course, the reason is because we are abusing the username, which is a
sync property, to do the job of a source property (to specify the
account for activesyncd).  Should we change the eas backend to use (for
example) databaseUser to specify the account?

Or am I still confused (quite likely)?  I must admit that I still don't
understand how the special peer "target-config" works!

Graham

PS.  I am at MWC next week, so I may have trouble responding to email.