[SyncEvolution] Compiling syncevolution on Debian jessie

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Mon Feb 10 07:29:08 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2014-02-09 at 23:44 +0000, Graham Cobb wrote:
> I note that Patrick does include activesyncd in his
> http://downloads.syncevolution.org/apt repository.  I don't know who
> maintains that packaging (I am guessing it is Patrick).

I package the files that I get out of the nightly build/testing. It's
mostly a quick hack, though, and not something that a distro should
adopt. Also note that activesyncd depends on a more recent libwbxml than
the one currently found in Linux distros.

I'm currently trying out packaging of activesyncd and
syncevolution-activesyncd per distro (currently Wheezy, Saucy, Trusty ->
activesyncd-wheezy, syncevolution-activesyncd-wheezy, etc.) and the base
name just being a meta package which depends on one of the others.

That is necessary because each of these distros has seen incompatible
changes in EDS (3.4 -> 3.6 -> 3.10) and/or libical (.so.0 -> .so.1).
Debian Testing/Unstable would not be covered at the moment. I pinged the
libical maintainer and asked him to package libical1; once that is in,
the Saucy package (EDS 3.8 + libical1) should work.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.