[SyncEvolution] Setup of SyncML to WebDAV synchronization bridge: Problem with SSLVerifyServer switch in configuration command

Helge Kraak helge at kraak.info
Tue Jan 14 13:25:46 UTC 2014

When I apply as third command (no ADDRESSBOOK at the end of the command)

_syncevolution --configure _SSLVERIFYSERVER=FALSE
--TEMPLATE SyncEvolution_Client_ --sync-property
remoteDeviceId=ST23K3J5I4JX__ username=admin password=admin
_--source-property addressbook/uri=addressbook sync=two-way
Palm-TH55 at webdav

the command

syncevolution --print-config -q @webdav addressbook

RETURNS:

"[addressbook]
backend = CardDAV
database =
https://localhost:443/sabredav/addressbookserver.php/addressbooks/admin/
# databaseFormat =
databaseUser = admin
databasePassword = admin"

When I try your combined command (I have to include
SSLVerifyServer=False again to make it work)

syncevolution --configure SSLVERIFYSERVER=FALSE

 --template SyncEvolution_Client
 remoteDeviceId=PN70M9J5V7JX username=admin password=admin
 sync=two-way
 databaseUser=admin
 databasePassword=admin
 backend=carddav

database=https://localhost:443/sabredav/addressbookserver.php/addressbooks/admin/
[2]
 Palm-TH55 at webdav addressbook

IT RETURNS

"[INFO] addressbook: looking for databases...
[INFO] addressbook: no database to synchronize
[ERROR] addressbook: no database to synchronize"

AND FOR

syncevolution --print-config -q @webdav addressbook

IT RETURNS

"[addressbook]
backend = CardDAV
# database =
# databaseFormat =
# databaseUser =
# databasePassword ="

Am 2014-01-14 13:23, schrieb Patrick Ohly:

> On Tue, 2014-01-14 at 12:43 +0100, Helge Kraak wrote:
>
>> I tried your suggestion for the third command but when I start initiate a sync I get the error message that no configuration could be found for the deviceID (like with the third variation below). It's correct that I don't need to use the keyring=no option again in the third command but I have to apply the SSLVerifyServer=False option also in the third command for creating the Palm peer, otherwise I get a SSL verification error.
>
> That should only happen if you try to use WebDAV sources which have not
> been configured before.
>
> It's unfortunate that the SSL options don't have a good place in the
> config hierarchy.
>
>> 3. My previous version without keyring=no but with sync=two-way and addressbook like you suggested: syncevolution --configure SSLVerifyServer=False --template SyncEvolution_Client --sync-property remoteDeviceId=PN70M9J5V7JX username=admin password=admin --source-property addressbook/uri=addressbook sync=two-way Palm-TH55 at webdav addressbook
>
>> RETURNS for the command:
>
>> "[INFO] addressbook: looking for databases...
>> [INFO] addressbook: no database to synchronize
>> [ERROR] addressbook: no database to synchronize"
>
>> AND for the sync initiation:
>
>> "no configuration found for deviceID ST23K3J5I4JX"
>
> This is the right approach. The key question is if the command from the
> second step has configured the "addressbook". If it has, then the third
> step should not need to look for databases.
>
> What does "syncevolution --print-config -q @webdav addressbook" say?
>
> Either way, does it work if you combine steps 2 and 3?
>
> syncevolution --configure
> --template SyncEvolution_Client
> remoteDeviceId=PN70M9J5V7JX username=admin password=admin
> sync=two-way
> databaseUser=admin
> databasePassword=admin
> backend=carddav