[SyncEvolution] Setup of SyncML to WebDAV synchronization bridge: Problem with SSLVerifyServer switch in configuration command

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Tue Jan 14 12:23:11 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-01-14 at 12:43 +0100, Helge Kraak wrote:
> I tried your suggestion for the third command but when I start
> initiate a sync I get the error message that no configuration could be
> found for the deviceID (like with the third variation below).
>
> It's correct that I don't need to use the keyring=no option again in
> the third command but I have to apply the SSLVerifyServer=False option
> also in the third command for creating the Palm peer, otherwise I get
> a SSL verification error.

That should only happen if you try to use WebDAV sources which have not
been configured before.

It's unfortunate that the SSL options don't have a good place in the
config hierarchy.

> 3. My previous version without keyring=no but with sync=two-way and
> addressbook like you suggested:
>
> syncevolution --configure SSLVerifyServer=False
> --template SyncEvolution_Client --sync-property
> remoteDeviceId=PN70M9J5V7JX username=admin
> password=admin --source-property addressbook/uri=addressbook
> sync=two-way Palm-TH55 at webdav addressbook
>
> RETURNS for the command:
>
> "[INFO] addressbook: looking for databases...
> [INFO] addressbook: no database to synchronize
> [ERROR] addressbook: no database to synchronize"
>
> AND for the sync initiation:
>
> "no configuration found for deviceID ST23K3J5I4JX"

This is the right approach. The key question is if the command from the
second step has configured the "addressbook". If it has, then the third
step should not need to look for databases.

What does "syncevolution --print-config -q @webdav addressbook" say?

Either way, does it work if you combine steps 2 and 3?

syncevolution --configure \
              --template SyncEvolution_Client \
              remoteDeviceId=PN70M9J5V7JX username=admin password=admin \
              sync=two-way \
              databaseUser=admin  \
              databasePassword=admin \
              backend=carddav  \