[SyncEvolution] SyncEvolution and SSO on SailfishOS (and Ubuntu)

Ove Kåven ovek at arcticnet.no
Sat Jan 4 12:59:25 UTC 2014

Den 04.01.2014 13:24, skrev Graham Cobb:
> On 04/01/14 08:56, Ove Kåven wrote:
>> I just got my Jolla phone a few days ago, and now I'm investigating
>> porting SyncEvolution to it.
>
> Unfortunately I can't answer any of your questions but I was also about
> to start looking at porting SyncEvolution to my new Jolla phone!
>
> Is your goal to run a full SyncEvolution on the phone, so it can
> synchronize directly with anything SyncEvolution supports?

I want to make a full port. I did that with both Maemo Fremantle (N900)
and Harmattan (N9) before, now it's time for the new platform generation
that continues the work Nokia started.

SyncEvolution on Maemo Extras:
http://maemo.org/packages/view/syncevolution/
I also wrote the frontend:
http://maemo.org/packages/view/syncevolution-frontend/

Harmattan:
http://people.debian.org/~ovek/harmattan/
I never did get around to making a GUI for Harmattan, but at least the
CLI is perfectly usable... though not sure how to handle SSO on it
either if I am to compile newer SyncEvolution releases for it. The N9's
SSO library is relatively old, backporting to it may take some work.

> I was planning a more modest goal to use SyncEvolution to effectively
> act as a client for a remote SyncEvolution server, which would handle
> the complexities of synchronizing with everything else.

Oh, I could probably make a build of that very easily. (Perhaps I
should, so I can transfer my contacts over. I just need to read up on
building rpms instead of the debs that Harmattan used.) But I've also
been very interested in the CalDAV stuff, as are many others. In
addition to Google Calendar, many people seem to use ownCloud, which I
think requires CalDAV.