[SyncEvolution] SyncEvolution and SSO on SailfishOS (and Ubuntu)

Graham Cobb g+syncevolution at cobb.uk.net
Fri Jan 24 16:44:11 UTC 2014

On 06/01/14 15:43, Ove Kåven wrote:
> OK, it took me all weekend and then some, but I think I've got a
> somewhat functional rpm now. I uploaded what I've got so far to:
> http://people.debian.org/~ovek/sailfish/

Just to let you know...

I have installed this and tested it as a SyncML-over-http client (with
SyncEvolution also acting as the SyncML server at the other end),
syncing calendar, contacts and tasks (although task DB is empty).

It is working well, with only a few strangenesses, most of which don't
look like they are anything to do with your port:

1) I currently use it from the command line, logged in over ssh.  It
starts running but very quickly stops doing anything.  I think this is
something to do with Jolla battery saving as it continues if I touch the
screen of the phone.  I have to keep interacting with the screen every
few seconds to keep it running.

2) The "diff" function (printChanges) doesn't work.  It almost never
completes (before the other end times out -- several minutes).  I
suspect this is something to do with the logic of the diff script itself
as I have seen strangenesses with it on the desktop side as well (for
example it has managed to report two halves of one changed entry as two
separate changes).  It probably isn't helped by me having 1500 calendar
entries.  I have had to turn off printChanges.

3) I had one calendar entry which synced but then caused an error
whenever syncevolution tried to read it from the calendar.  --export got
an error whenever it read it (and so did sync, of course).  I couldn't
even delete it using --delete-items.  I eventually deleted it from the
calendar GUI (but I had to delete it twice -- the first time it
reappeared!).  The bad entry was a recurring entry with a specific
recurrence.  Not sure where the problem lies -- I haven't tried to
reproduce it yet.

I notice that tasks will also sync (or at least, appear to -- I don't
have any in the DB on my server at the moment).  Do you know if there is
any Jolla app which uses the task DB?

Thanks very much for making the rpm's available.  It helps with my goal
of making this my main phone by the time I get to MWC.

Graham