[SyncEvolution] Some events showing wrong time on phone

Jane Atkinson jane at janeatkinson.co.nz
Sun Mar 2 08:07:41 UTC 2014

I'm running syncevolution 1.4 on Xubuntu 14.04. My local timezone is
Pacific/Auckland. There have been no changes to Daylight Savings
start/end dates for something like seven years.

For events dated between 16 March and 5 April (final three weeks of
NZDT), if the timezone is set to Pacific/Auckland on the server, the
times on my E63 phone are one hour ahead after syncing. That is, they
are 14 hours ahead of UTC instead of 13. But if I change the timezone
for an event on the server to UTC, the correct time (13 hours ahead)
shows on the phone after syncing.

I fired up my old copy of Ubuntu 12.04.4, updated it and tested to see
if the problem occurs there. It doesn't.

I'd like to report a bug, but I have no idea which package to report it
against. Does anyone have any ideas?

Jane Atkinson