[SyncEvolution] Some events showing wrong time on phone

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Sun Mar 2 12:31:00 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2014-03-02 at 21:07 +1300, Jane Atkinson wrote:
> I fired up my old copy of Ubuntu 12.04.4, updated it and tested to see
> if the problem occurs there. It doesn't.

Interesting. SyncEvolution uses system timezone data parsed by libical.
There could be a difference between libical 1.0 (in Xubuntu 14.04) and
older libical (Ubuntu 12.04.4) and/or in the timezone data itself.

> I'd like to report a bug, but I have no idea which package to report it
> against. Does anyone have any ideas?

A good start would be a syncevolution-log.html at loglevel=4 showing how
SyncEvolution transfers one event with Pacific/Auckland timezone to the
phone. That'll show how the timezones were defined in the event on the
server, internally, and in the data sent to the phone.

Doing the same on Ubuntu 12.04.4 would also be helpful as reference for
a "good" sync.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.