[SyncEvolution] Calendar entries not syncing when date changed

Jane Atkinson jane at janeatkinson.co.nz
Sat Mar 8 23:07:21 UTC 2014

On 02/02/14 11:22, Jane Atkinson wrote:

> On 02/02/14 02:04, Patrick Ohly wrote:
>> On Sat, 2014-02-01 at 16:36 +1300, Jane Atkinson wrote:
>>> From time to time, I need to change the date, but not the time, of an
>>> appointment. When I do this, the change is not being propagated to the
>>> client. If I change the time of an appointment, the change is propagated
>>> correctly.
>>>
>>> I'm running syncevolution 1.3.99.7 on Xubuntu 14.04 (pre-release). The
>>> client is a Nokia E63. The configuration type is webdav. Evolution is
>>> not installed on this system.
>>>
>>> I'm not sure exactly when this started happening, but I think it's of
>>> recent origin. No configuration options have been changed for a long time.
>>>
>>> Please let me know where to send the logs. Also, any further tests I can do.
>> Send me a syncevolution-log.html created with loglevel=4 where a change
>> should be transmitted and doesn't get transmitted to
>> patrick.ohly at intel.com. Please identify the event (say, by quoting its
>> description).
>>
> Strange... I set log-level=4 in ~/.config/syncevolution/config.ini. Then
> the test event synced correctly when I ran the sync!
>
> On reverting log-level to the default (commented out in config.ini) the
> sync is still working correctly with changed dates, both on new and
> existing events.
>
> I'll keep watching it and if the problem recurs I'll send a log.
>

> Probably not connected with this behaviour, but I regularly see an error
> message:
> [ERROR] GLib: Source ID 9 was not found when attempting to remove it
>
> Usually it's ID 9 but occasionally is another number.
>
> Regards
>
> Jane Atkinson

Update:

I've determined that this is another error induced by using libical1. If
I use libical0, then there are no problems with this. This would explain
why the problem suddenly disappeared - libical wasn't on my radar at the
time.

Jane Atkinson