[SyncEvolution] Help needed

deloptes deloptes at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 22:59:33 UTC 2016

Patrick Ohly wrote:

> On Tue, 2016-04-26 at 21:29 +0200, deloptes wrote:
>> Patrick Ohly wrote:
>>
>> > Good that you found a workaround, but there's still something fishy
>> > about this interaction between TDEPIM and gdbus. I was hoping to remove
>> > support for libdbus at some point; if you depend on it, I'll have to
>> > keep maintaining two D-Bus bindings. Not that I am changing much at the
>> > moment, so don't worry ;-}
>>
>> Thanks, what would be the "desirable" way to configure?
>
> The default that you were using before is the desirable one, with gdbus
> picked  by default instead of libdbus. Unfortunately it is the one which
> didn't work for you :-/

I understand, thanks.
As you said, lets put it on hold for the moment, though I think I know where
it might be coming from. I just need to prove it, but I think tqt
automatically links to dbus as it seems to be using the interface for who
knows what. At least I do not see a reason for libvcard being linked to
dbus.
Just let me know upfront when you are planning to remove the dbus support. I
would need to raise this question with the TDE team.
However at the moment with syncevolution 1.5.1 it seems to work fine for me.
There are couple of difficulties on the TDE side, but with few additional
steps I am able to sync my phone again almost without issues for the first
time since 2006, the time I had a Palm III. This is great - thank you once
again!

For the record I have following installed at the moment

$ dpkg -l | grep dbus | grep dev
ii  libdbus-1-dev:amd64                    1.8.20-0+deb8u1
amd64        simple interprocess messaging system (development headers)
ii  libdbus-1-tqt-dev                      4:14.0.3-0debian8.0.0+0
amd64        dbus bindings for the Trinity Qt [TQt] interface
ii  libdbus-glib-1-dev                     0.102-1
amd64        simple interprocess messaging system (GLib interface)
ii  python-dbus-dev                        1.2.0-2
all          main loop integration development files for python-dbus

and this is basic check

$ ldd /opt/trinity/lib/libvcard.so | grep libdbus
        libdbus-1-tqt.so.0 => /usr/lib/libdbus-1-tqt.so.0
(0x00007f14bc67a000)
        libdbus-1.so.3 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdbus-1.so.3
(0x00007f14b9877000)

$ ldd /opt/trinity/lib/libkaddressbook.so | grep libdbus
        libdbus-1-tqt.so.0 => /usr/lib/libdbus-1-tqt.so.0
(0x00007f69dcfef000)
        libdbus-1.so.3 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdbus-1.so.3
(0x00007f69db88f000)

$ ldd /opt/trinity/lib/libtdeabc.so | grep dbus
        libdbus-1-tqt.so.0 => /usr/lib/libdbus-1-tqt.so.0
(0x00007f02ffcc9000)
        libdbus-1.so.3 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdbus-1.so.3
(0x00007f02fd8d2000)