[SyncEvolution] TDEPIM sync questions

deloptes deloptes at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 19:05:42 UTC 2016

Hi to all @syncevolution, sorry for bothering you, but I hope one could save
me some digging by answering my questions.
I thank you in advance for the patience and support.

1.
I have an item uid: libkcal-1629736449.222
which is returned by syncevolution (--print-items)
as urlencoded libkcal-1629736449%2e222

Is this on purpose and why?

2.
How are the sources/databases handled - example if I have 3 calendars
(1default, 1 read only and 1 custom). Imagine I set the custom or the
default as inactive or active - how would this influence the sync?

3.
About the platform support.
Is this also picked up by the engine automatically ?
I saw something about KDE in the sync src code as well.
I would like to implement similar functionality with the tdewallet - it
sounds like nice feature to have when dealing with passwords, but I need
some hint here as I was not able to understand from the kde code what
exactly has to be done, so that syncevo can cope with it.

example

info.m_backendRule = "KDE";

4.
My last question is related to the problem I described earlier. When
compiled as shared I get the backend registered twice. When I compile
static it shows up once. I do have different descriptions in the registerMe
function and in the createSource function.
Should I post those functions here?

Thats it for now. Thanks in advance once again

regards