[SyncEvolution] Sync with SailFish OS via Bluetooth

deloptes deloptes at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 20:10:05 UTC 2016

Graham Cobb wrote:

> Oooh, a bit of a low blow :-)
>
> I certainly learnt a lot from spending quite a lot of effort trying to
> make OpenSync work!  The main one (and the main reason I am here) is
> that sync is **really** hard to do in the general case.
>
> Syncevolution does a great job on two-way sync but it would be really
> good to solve the multi-way problem one day :-) But that would require
> some significant work by a team who are willing to look at and learn
> from all the previous attempts. I sometimes wish Philippe Kahn had not
> lost interest in sync.

Hi Graham,
they confirmed it is not working on SailFish - who knows when they will
implement it and how it will be implemented ... given the comments
above ...
Perhaps we have to work closer with the Jolla team on it. Or ... get proper
SyncEvolution backend for SailFish.
I'm just wondering what happened to the MeeGo part and why it was not
adopted by SailFish ... but  anyway.
From what I learned with the whole backend exercise for TDE/KDE3, the best
is to do the work yourself ...

For the time being I read the only supported way is via Cal/CardDav ... and
people reported to be using own service ... which s*cks ...
I have put on the todo list to have a look into the SDK - no idea when, but
it is tempting

regards