[SyncEvolution] Sync with SailFish OS via Bluetooth

Graham Cobb g+syncevolution at cobb.uk.net
Wed Nov 16 21:10:57 UTC 2016

On 16/11/16 20:10, deloptes wrote:
> Hi Graham,
> they confirmed it is not working on SailFish - who knows when they will
> implement it and how it will be implemented ... given the comments
> above ...
> Perhaps we have to work closer with the Jolla team on it. Or ... get proper
> SyncEvolution backend for SailFish.

I am sure I used to have a version of SyncEvo on my Jolla, due to the
kindness of someone on the list who built it. I seem to remember it
worked sort of -- was it for calendar or contacts?  Anyway it stopped
working (did Jolla change the underlying data store or something?  I
can't remember). I haven't bothered recently and have never even looked
for it to try to install on my Jolla C.

> For the time being I read the only supported way is via Cal/CardDav ... and
> people reported to be using own service ... which s*cks ...

I do sync with my personal owncloud instance so I have calendar and
contacts in Cal/CardDav form.  I have not got around to trying the
Sailfish Cal/CardDav support to see if it works with owncloud but plan
to when I have time.

Graham