[SyncEvolution] Sync with SailFish OS via Bluetooth

deloptes deloptes at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 21:57:41 UTC 2016

Graham Cobb wrote:

> I am sure I used to have a version of SyncEvo on my Jolla, due to the
> kindness of someone on the list who built it. I seem to remember it
> worked sort of -- was it for calendar or contacts?  Anyway it stopped
> working (did Jolla change the underlying data store or something?  I
> can't remember). I haven't bothered recently and have never even looked
> for it to try to install on my Jolla C.

I just got this phone last week, so no idea and ATM I am preoccupied, but I
am curious to see what the sdk and emulator can do.
I read that there was syncevolution 1.3 for jolla, but no confirmation that
it works, so now we know that it does not work anymore.

>> For the time being I read the only supported way is via Cal/CardDav ...
>> and people reported to be using own service ... which s*cks ...
>
> I do sync with my personal owncloud instance so I have calendar and
> contacts in Cal/CardDav form.  I have not got around to trying the
> Sailfish Cal/CardDav support to see if it works with owncloud but plan
> to when I have time.

doesn't syncevolution support a cal/carddav server ... or just a client?

regards