[SyncEvolution] Release preparations for 1.5.2

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Thu Nov 10 09:50:56 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-10-26 at 17:44 +0100, Graham Cobb wrote:
> On 26/10/16 17:10, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> > I'll try that, thanks for the hint... yes, it helped.
>
> Good.
>
> > I'm now running into some new conversion issues for calendar data (time
> > zone related). To be checked.
>
> I can't say I am surprised. The time zone stuff is fairly fragile -- I
> seem to remember putting in some hacks to try to make the best of a bad
> job.  Make sure that the timezone of the syncevolution system is the
> same as the timezone of the Outlook calendar that creates the events (I
> seem to remember there are some cases where I had to make that
> assumption, which is most likely true for most people).

After checking I came to the conclusion that the differences are
harmless and merely come from slightly different names getting assigned
to the daylight resp. standard component of the time zone. Perhaps
Exchange 2016 and/or recent time zone definition changes caused that.

I've updated the test cases to get clean test passes.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.