[SyncEvolution] "Comparison was impossible" "

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Thu Apr 27 13:01:18 UTC 2017

On Thu, 2017-04-20 at 11:39 +0200, Vincent Lambert wrote:
> Since this step, I'm not able anymore to delete contact from my phone
> and make it sync on the server (to delete the contact on the server
> itself), instead the contact is just "cleared" (any information
> disappear but the contact is still here and keep firstname and
> lastname). I can sync contact created on the server on my phone and
> send contacts created on my phone on the server.
>

> It seems the backup database is corrupted but I'm not able to reset
> completely my config. I just wanted to start by zero but I can't find
> any way to do this. :'(

A --sync refresh-from-remote should reset your local data. It ignores
any existing items in the local database and also generates a new local
backup. Have you done that?

I'm not sure why you get the "comparison impossible" message. Perhaps
synccompare is not installed or not usable (it needs Perl).

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.