[SyncEvolution] Recent sync problem

Daniel CLEMENT dclement1 at laposte.net
Mon Apr 10 07:29:05 UTC 2017

Hello,

My syncing (with Memotoo) has been running smoothly for quite a while,
but just this weekend errors have appeared.

It looks as if every second sync attempt wants a slow sync. The slow
sync is successful, and the subsequent normal sync also works. But at
the next attempt I'm back to the same problem.

Only my main PC (Linux Mint Debian Jessie) has this problem, another one
with the very same config (in principle) syncs flawlessly.

I'd be tempted to "refresh from server"; is that the right thing to do?

Below is an excerpt from the terminal output.

TIA for any insight - best regards,
--
Daniel CLEMENT

terminal output
------------
daniel at m6400 ~ $ syncevolution memotoo
[INFO] calendar+todo: inactive
[INFO] addressbook: starting normal sync, two-way (peer is server)
[INFO] calendar: resuming slow sync, two-way (peer is server)
[INFO] memo: resuming slow sync, two-way (peer is server)
[INFO] todo: resuming slow sync, two-way (peer is server)
[INFO] creating complete data backup of datastore addressbook before
sync (enabled with dumpData and needed for printChanges)
Local data changes to be applied during synchronization:
*** addressbook ***
Comparison was impossible.

[INFO] creating complete data backup of datastore todo before sync
(enabled with dumpData and needed for printChanges)
*** todo ***
no changes

[INFO] calendar: resumed slow sync done unsuccessfully
[ERROR] calendar: local, status 20048
[INFO] memo: resumed slow sync done unsuccessfully
[ERROR] memo: local, status 20048
[ERROR] Aborting because of unexpected slow sync for datastore(s):
calendar memo
[INFO] Doing a slow synchronization may lead to duplicated items or
[INFO] lost data when the server merges items incorrectly. Choosing
[INFO] a different synchronization mode may be the better alternative.
[INFO] Restart synchronization of affected source(s) with one of the
[INFO] following sync modes to recover from this problem:
[INFO]     slow, refresh-from-server, refresh-from-client