[SyncEvolution] libopenobex 1.7.2 regression (was: Re: Sync on Debian Stretch)

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Mon Nov 6 09:58:32 UTC 2017

On Thu, 2017-11-02 at 22:27 +0100, deloptes wrote:
> Patrick Ohly wrote:

> > > Can't we add some debug code in syncevo or obex to get the type
> > > of
> > > event is causing the trouble?
> > > The message I get after including libsynthesis in syncevo is a
> > > bit
> > > different (more complete)
> >
> > But the initial error is still the same "OBEX Request 3 got a
> > failed
> > response Unknown response".
> >
> > If you can't track down the "Unknown response" interactively in a
> > debugger, then you can of course also add more debug output.
> >

> Hi Patrick,
>
> rsp has value 83 (0x53 == OBEX_RSP_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE) when it
> complains "OBEX Request 3 got a failed response Unknown response"

obex_response_to_string(int rsp) in libopenobex lib/main.c is
incomplete and lacks an entry for that code.

> Interestingly it gets this twice. The first time when SANFormat12
> fails and it goes into legacy

Looks like a generic issue, independent of the actual message content.

> The second time when it dies in my case.
> What can I do next?

Can you file a bug about that against libopenobex? I suppose
https://sourceforge.net/p/openobex/bugs/ is still the bug tracker of
the project.

You haven't sent me the Wireshark traffic dumps, have you? The next
step would be to do a side-by-side comparison of the packets of a
successful sync and a failed sync and determine where they diverge.

Alternatively, the OBEX transport could be re-written so that it uses
obexd. libopenobex has been legacy code now for a long time. But I am
not sure whether obexd really supports SyncML. Looking at https://git.k
ernel.org/pub/scm/bluetooth/bluez.git/tree/doc/obex-api.txt seems to
imply that it only supports certain well-known protocols (PBAP, for
example) and not SyncML.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.