[SyncEvolution] libopenobex 1.7.2 regression (was: Re: Sync on Debian Stretch)

deloptes deloptes at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 23:30:08 UTC 2017

Hi thanks

Patrick Ohly wrote:

> On Thu, 2017-11-02 at 22:27 +0100, deloptes wrote:
>> Patrick Ohly wrote:

>> > But the initial error is still the same "OBEX Request 3 got a
>> > failed
>> > response Unknown response".
>> >
>> > If you can't track down the "Unknown response" interactively in a
>> > debugger, then you can of course also add more debug output.
>> >

>> Hi Patrick,
>>
>> rsp has value 83 (0x53 == OBEX_RSP_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE) when it
>> complains "OBEX Request 3 got a failed response Unknown response"
>
> obex_response_to_string(int rsp) in libopenobex lib/main.c is
> incomplete and lacks an entry for that code.

this is true, the implicit question was if I can dig further.

>> Interestingly it gets this twice. The first time when SANFormat12
>> fails and it goes into legacy
>
> Looks like a generic issue, independent of the actual message content.

yes not related but the fall back mechanism covers it. Not sure however if
going to SAN 1.1 is desired. I thought always 1.2 is supported by both

>> The second time when it dies in my case.
>> What can I do next?
>
> Can you file a bug about that against libopenobex? I suppose
> https://sourceforge.net/p/openobex/bugs/ is still the bug tracker of
> the project.

FYI
Not sure if this is still the projects home page. openobex.org is not
responding. Last activity on sourceforge is from 2014. There is a repo on
gitlab (https://gitlab.com/openobex/mainline)

I think I'll have to find out whats going on with openobex :)

> You haven't sent me the Wireshark traffic dumps, have you? The next
> step would be to do a side-by-side comparison of the packets of a
> successful sync and a failed sync and determine where they diverge.

I tried to your gmx account, if you still use it, from my other account. If
I have to use the intel one let me know

> Alternatively, the OBEX transport could be re-written so that it uses
> obexd. libopenobex has been legacy code now for a long time. But I am
> not sure whether obexd really supports SyncML. Looking at https://git.k
> ernel.org/pub/scm/bluetooth/bluez.git/tree/doc/obex-api.txt seems to
> imply that it only supports certain well-known protocols (PBAP, for
> example) and not SyncML.

I was looking into it yesterday briefly, cause I want to know how I can get
SyncML in the SailfishOS enabled. when I do sdp browse it does not show any
sign of it, but I am not very smart at that level yet. It is getting too
deep for the time I can spend.
Any way paths crossing ... here in journey of fun :)

thanks and regards