[SyncEvolution] Sync on Debian Stretch

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Mon Sep 4 17:20:53 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2017-09-04 at 19:11 +0200, deloptes wrote:
> Patrick Ohly wrote:
>
> > Have you gotten around to testing this combination?
> >
> > I just tried with SyncEvolution master (= 1.5.2), libopenobex2 from
> > Debian Stretch (= 1.7.2-1), and a Nokia N97 mini. No problem here.
> >
> > FWIW, the binaries from syncevolution.org shouldn't be affected,
> > because for the 1.5.2 release I had started linking libopenobex.a
> > from
> > Ubuntu Trusty directly into the binaries. That's of course not a
> > solution for binaries compiled from source.
>
> Hi
> I have no Nokia N97 mini and for the Trinity Desktop I have to
> compile from
> source.
> I am not sure if you are asking me, but as it is posted in this
> thread, I
> just assume it.
> On top I use Debian Stretch - the problem reported originally is
> based on it.

So have you built 1.5.2 with libopenobex2 from Debian Stretch and it
failed? With which phone?

I'm just asking for the sake of completeness. I probably won't have
your exact phone either :-/

What I did is a "configure --disable-shared --enable-static CFLAGS=-g
CXXFLAGS=-g ..." and then in the build directory I ran
"SYNCEVOLUTION_DEBUG=10 ./src/syncevolution --daemon=no nokia-n97-mini@
devices  addressbook".

This allows running the command under gdb. The interesting line is is
the error message in ObexTransportAgent::obex_callback. What value does
obex_rsp have, and why does OBEX_ResponseToString not know it?

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.