[SyncEvolution] KDE5 support

Tino Mettler tino.keitel+syncevolution at tikei.de
Fri Jan 5 18:51:02 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jan 04, 2018 at 23:36:48 +0100, deloptes wrote:

[...]

> Preferably I would download debian src package, rebuild and install.

AFAICS, there is no way to define an optional package in debian/control
which is not built by default, but only if the user enables it.  Build
dependencies (like the TDE headers) are defined globally for the source
package.  So you will need to modify the offical Debian source package
to have a syncevolution-libs-tde package.

> I think the problem were the dependencies so that I have to remove all
> syncevolution and install the one compiled with tde plugins and set it on
> hold. It would be nice if I could build the plugins as package and install
> them on top of debians syncevolution, but I am really not sure if it would
> work.

In theory, It would work in some way, if the build dependencies are set
correctly in the syncevolution Makefiles.  However, you need recompile
the plugin after ABI changes in the main syncevolution package.

Regards,
Tino