[SyncEvolution] Use python3 (was: Re: Detect python binary name in build time)

Milan Crha mcrha at redhat.com
Fri Apr 5 10:57:47 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2018-07-24 at 18:18 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
> On Tue, 2018-07-24 at 17:38 +0200, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> > I'm definitely interested.
>
> I asked, but failed. It seems python folks are covered with more
> priority work, at least there where I tried. Thus I'm sorry, I do not
> have anyone able to port the files at the moment.

	Hi again,
I've been told that there are some scripts, which can convert python2
code into python3 code, which led me to the 2to3 [1], provided by
python itself. The attached is a result of the files being processes
through it, including slightly modified patch proposed earlier (it
looks for python3 now, instead of python2). The resulting patch has
more than 96KB, thus I packed it.

Patrick, I believe you've a better test environment, which would verify
the functionality of those helper scripts heavily, definitely better
than me, thus I'd like to ask you to give it a try. Maybe if it'll
work, and the scripts would provide the same (or close to the same)
results, then you can do a python3-only release with whatever changes
you might have piled since the 1.5.3 release.

	Thanks and bye,
	Milan

[1] https://docs.python.org/2/library/2to3.html