[SyncEvolution] Port to libecal-2.0 and libebook API changes

Milan Crha mcrha at redhat.com
Wed Apr 24 15:49:31 UTC 2019

	Hello,
I thought I'll file a bug with a proposed patch at
bugs.freedesktop.org, where the
https://syncevolution.org/support#issues pointed me to, but it ends
with "Sorry, entering a bug into the product SyncEvolution has been
disabled.", thus I'm sending it here instead.

There are going to be made huge libecal API changes, as huge as it
deserved a version bump from 1.2 to 2.0, and together with it a small
libebook API changes, most likely being part of the evolution-data-
server 3.33.2 release, which is planned for May 20. More about this can
be found here:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2019-April/msg00016.html

The attached is a patch which makes syncevolution build against 3.33.1
and the libical-glib branch without any new compiler warnings. I'm not
able to test the change though, and the `make check` doesn't run any
test here, thus the changes would need some real testing. I'm sorry
about that. On the other hand, this patch gives at least an overview of
the upcoming changes and what to do in the syncevolution code.

One note, the check for HAVE_E_BOOK_OPERATION_FLAGS is quite lame, it
only decides based on the expected version (the libical-glib branch
still references 3.33.1). Maybe you'd like to extend the test in some
better way.

I hope you'll find this useful.
	Bye,
	Milan