[SyncEvolution] Newer phones with syncml support

deloptes deloptes at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 21:19:45 UTC 2019

Patrick Ohly wrote:

> I consider SyncEvolution stable as it is and don't have plans to add
> features. I'll keep maintaining it as long as people use it - which I
> assume people still do (hard to tell with open source, in particular
> when users don't need to download it from syncevolution.org because it
> is in distros).
>
> Maintenance basically means keeping the website and a build machine for
> testing and build around, should a new release become necessary. I was
> considering a new release a while back (okay, a year ago?) but it never
> became a priority and thus hasn't happened. Modernizing the code to a
> more recent C++ was the main potential change.

This sounds good. In an old fashioned way I wish may God bless you and give
you long live :)

So may be it is worth for us trying to save syncml in the Sailfish OS. The
quality from N9, if can be kept is sufficient for me and for sure for many
others.

Another option would be to use this synchronization interface in obexd, I
posted before - but I guess it would need much more work - time that we do
not have, I guess.

Thank you Patrick!

regards