[SyncEvolution] Newer phones with syncml support

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Wed Jan 16 08:30:39 UTC 2019

deloptes <deloptes at gmail.com> writes:
> Interesting to know what is the status of syncevolution and what Patrick is
> planning to do with it in the future.

I consider SyncEvolution stable as it is and don't have plans to add
features. I'll keep maintaining it as long as people use it - which I
assume people still do (hard to tell with open source, in particular
when users don't need to download it from syncevolution.org because it
is in distros).

Maintenance basically means keeping the website and a build machine for
testing and build around, should a new release become necessary. I was
considering a new release a while back (okay, a year ago?) but it never
became a priority and thus hasn't happened. Modernizing the code to a
more recent C++ was the main potential change.

Bye, Patrick