[SyncEvolution] Re: Fixing the Maemo backend

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Sun Oct 11 17:50:31 UTC 2020

Merlijn Wajer <merlijn at wizzup.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On 04/10/2020 16:23, Merlijn Wajer wrote:
>> Hi,

>>> As you noticed, that backend needs a maintainer. I'm currently trying to
>>> get an updated SyncEvolution release-ready (using more modern C++,
>>> adapted to recent versions of the libraries it depends on). If you care
>>> about Maemo to work in that release, then now is a good time to debug
>>> this.
>>
>> Ok, if I can bend it into shape I'm happy to maintain it for now.
>
> Please let me know if you would like me to pick up some maintenance
> tasks. As per below, I currently have the code working with the latest
> syncevolution.

Being available to test and fix the code if necessary is a good first
step. I can't even compile it myself because I lack a system with the
necessary libraries.

Is there perhaps a Dockerfile that provides everything that is needed to
build for Maemo? I could use that for automatic build and perhaps even
functional testing.

> So the problem wasn't in syncevolution at all. That said -- what can I
> do to get the Maemo backend marked as active again?

Marked where?

It's not enabled by default in configure because most people won't have
the necessary libraries available and probably also don't want to build
it. That EDS is enabled by default is partly a historic exception,
partly because I suspect that most users are using it.

--
Best Regards

Patrick Ohly