[SyncEvolution] Re: Fixing the Maemo backend

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Wed Oct 14 07:25:55 UTC 2020

Merlijn Wajer <merlijn at wizzup.org> writes:
> Hi,
>> Is there perhaps a Dockerfile that provides everything that is needed to
>> build for Maemo? I could use that for automatic build and perhaps even
>> functional testing.
>
> Hm... There isn't one yet, but I could attempt to make one. We do have
> virtual images that can run in QEMU/Virtualbox, but that probably isn't
> quite what you are looking for: https://leste.maemo.org/Virtual_Machine
>
> I can try to write a Dockerfile in the next day or two.

If the Maemo backend needs D-Bus, then note that I have a solution for
that:
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/SyncEvolution/syncevolution/tree/test/dbus-session.sh

It can be invoked inside a container and wraps another command (like
bash) which then has a D-Bus session.

So all that the Dockerfile has to provide is really just the libraries
and binaries for Maemo.

--
Best Regards

Patrick Ohly