[SyncEvolution] Re: new SyncEvolution binaries, dropping features?

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Sun Oct 4 12:31:42 UTC 2020

deloptes <deloptes at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Patrick,
> I am afraid I do not have your skills, but I am very thankful that you take
> your time to investigate.
> As mentioned before I always compile the old version from source (creating
> debian packages for the desktop and rpm for the phone)
> , then compiling the rest linked to the openobex library and it works like
> it was working 10y ago.

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce that. SyncEvolution 1.5.3 compiled anew
against libopenobex1 also gets stuck with thew new phone after sending
the second SAN message, i.e. the same symptom as with libopenobex2.

It's a bit random - once I saw a permission denied error for that SAN,
but most of the time it's just stuck.

I'm now trying to get the dead N97 working again. I've ordered a new
battery, perhaps then it'll start again.

--
Best Regards

Patrick Ohly