[SyncEvolution] Re: new SyncEvolution binaries, dropping features?

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Sun Oct 11 17:20:07 UTC 2020

Patrick Ohly <patrick.ohly at intel.com> writes:

> deloptes <deloptes at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi Patrick,
>> I am afraid I do not have your skills, but I am very thankful that you take
>> your time to investigate.
>> As mentioned before I always compile the old version from source (creating
>> debian packages for the desktop and rpm for the phone)
>> , then compiling the rest linked to the openobex library and it works like
>> it was working 10y ago.
>
> Unfortunately I cannot reproduce that. SyncEvolution 1.5.3 compiled anew
> against libopenobex1 also gets stuck with thew new phone after sending
> the second SAN message, i.e. the same symptom as with libopenobex2.
>
> It's a bit random - once I saw a permission denied error for that SAN,
> but most of the time it's just stuck.
>
> I'm now trying to get the dead N97 working again. I've ordered a new
> battery, perhaps then it'll start again.

Got the new battery, which worked until it also ran out of power. To cut
a long story short, it was the charger which didn't work with the
phone. After trying with a different one, I could charge both batteries
again...

So far with the good news. The bad news is that libopenobex2 works fine
with that phone, i.e. I cannot reproduce the regression.

Deloptes, can you try building the for-master/master-next branch
(currently rev 83a31729, but may get rebased again) and sync with that
using:

SYNCEVOLUTION_DEBUG=10 syncevolution --daemon=no --sync-property loglevel=10  ... 2>&1 | tee sync.log

That will print log messages for OBEX_Request and
OBEX_HandleInput. Please send me the log file.

--
Best Regards

Patrick Ohly