[SyncEvolution] Re: moving SyncEvolution infrastructure

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Thu Mar 31 11:12:07 UTC 2022

Milan Crha <mcrha at redhat.com> writes:

> On Thu, 2022-03-31 at 09:36 +0200, Patrick Ohly wrote:
>> Moving it elsewhere is an opportunity to clean this up. I would
>> try to keep links valid as much as possible or at least have
>> redirects. However, I only intend to copy page content, not comments.
>> My plan is to export the original content (usually plain text with
>> some Markdown and HTML), clean it up and then run a static page
>> generator to recreate the HTML site.
>
> 	Hi,
> even I do not see it on the gitlab.freedesktop.org instance when not
> logged in, the GitLab itself supports Wiki pages, like the GNOME's
> instance have it here:
> https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution-data-server/-/wikis/home
> (there's no wiki page set in this project).

A wiki would be a bit different.

> The GitLab seems to have a way to provide static pages as well:
> https://gitlab.gnome.org/help/user/project/pages/index
> https://gitlab.com/pages

Good point, I hadn't considered that options. I tried it out and it is
enabled on freedesktop.org:

https://pohly.pages.freedesktop.org/syncevolution/

> I do not have any opinion on the mailing list part. If a Google group
> accepts non-Google addresses then it's probably fine. Otherwise I'd go
> with a service not that restricting myself.

I'm not sure. We can try. I created
https://groups.google.com/g/syncevolution and sent you an invitation to
your Red Hat email address. Can you join?

--
Best Regards

Patrick Ohly