Error when synchronising using 2.0.0 with maemo backends

Merlijn Wajer merlijn at wizzup.org
Mon Apr 22 18:12:10 UTC 2024

Hi,

On 22/04/2024 17:55, Merlijn Wajer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm struggling to set up synchronisation between my nextcloud
> webdav/caldav and my Maemo Leste (Devuan/Debian based) phone.
>
> The strange thing is that it used to work with Syncevolution 1.5.3, on
> Devuan Beowulf, but it stopped working on Devuan Chimaera with version
> 2.0.0.
>
> <snip>
>
> Any clue what could be causing this issue?

I found some additional information, on 1.5.3 (on Devuan beowulf)
"syncevolution --print-databases" shows the following:

> $ syncevolution --print-databases
> CalDAV:
>    select database via absolute URL, set username/password to scan, set syncURL to base URL if server does not support auto-discovery (<path>)
>
> CalDAVTodo:
>    select database via absolute URL, set username/password to scan, set syncURL to base URL if server does not support auto-discovery (<path>)
>
> CalDAVJournal:
>    select database via absolute URL, set username/password to scan, set syncURL to base URL if server does not support auto-discovery (<path>)
>
> CardDAV:
>    select database via absolute URL, set username/password to scan, set syncURL to base URL if server does not support auto-discovery (<path>)
>
> Evolution Address Book = Evolution Contacts = evolution-contacts:
>    Personal (system-address-book) <default>
>
> Evolution Calendar = evolution-calendar:
>    Birthdays & Anniversaries (birthdays)
>    Personal (system-calendar) <default>
>
> Evolution Task List = Evolution Tasks = evolution-tasks:
>    Personal (system-task-list) <default>
>
> Evolution Memos = evolution-memos:
>    Personal (system-memo-list) <default>
>
> Maemo Calendar = maemo-events:
>    Device main calendar (id:1) <default>
>    cal_ti_calendar_private (id:2)
>
> Maemo Tasks = maemo-tasks:
>    Device main calendar (id:1) <default>
>    cal_ti_calendar_private (id:2)
>
> Maemo Notes = maemo-notes:
>    Device main calendar (id:1) <default>
>    cal_ti_calendar_private (id:2)

but on 2.0.0 (on Devuan chimaera) the maemo related entries are not present:

> $ syncevolution --print-databases
> CalDAV:
>    select database via absolute URL, set username/password to scan, set syncURL to base URL if server does not support auto-discovery (<path>)
>
> CalDAVTodo:
>    select database via absolute URL, set username/password to scan, set syncURL to base URL if server does not support auto-discovery (<path>)
>
> CalDAVJournal:
>    select database via absolute URL, set username/password to scan, set syncURL to base URL if server does not support auto-discovery (<path>)
>
> CardDAV:
>    select database via absolute URL, set username/password to scan, set syncURL to base URL if server does not support auto-discovery (<path>)
>
> Evolution Address Book = Evolution Contacts = evolution-contacts:
>    Personal (system-address-book) <default>
>    adn (adn)
>    en (en)
>    gabble/jabber/[SNIP]
>    mbdn (mbdn)
>    sdn (sdn)
>    vmbx (vmbx)
>
> Evolution Calendar = evolution-calendar:
>    Birthdays & Anniversaries (birthdays)
>    Personal (system-calendar) <default>
>
> Evolution Task List = Evolution Tasks = evolution-tasks:
>    Personal (system-task-list) <default>
>
> Evolution Memos = evolution-memos:
>    Personal (system-memo-list) <default>

so maybe there's something else going on here. The backend is available
on 2.0.0:

> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/syncevolution/backends/syncmaemocal.so

but I'm curious why it's databases are not showing up - that's probably
directly related to the issue I described in my previous email. I'll
keep digging.

Regards,
Merlijn