Error when synchronising using 2.0.0 with maemo backends

Merlijn Wajer merlijn at wizzup.org
Tue Apr 23 11:54:14 UTC 2024

Hi Patrick,

On 23/04/2024 12:04, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> Merlijn Wajer <merlijn at wizzup.org> writes:
>> Well.. it helps to actually enable the backends. I got confused because
>> the Maemo backend was installed, but I just realised that even if it is
>> not enabled, the backend is still installed. It didn't help that I built
>> the package more than a few months ago initially.
>
> So is it working now? I'm not sure how much I would be able to help if
> it didn't, but I'm still curious.

Yes, it is working now. I got calendar and contacts synchronisation to work.

FWIW development on Maemo Leste isn't that hard with a VM, but it would
probably help if we (the project) also made some Dockerfiles for others
to more easily get a development environment up. :-)

>> However... this wasn't all for nothing, I did find two problems in
>> actually compiling the Maemo backend:
>>
>> 1. The dbus headers could not be found, so I added the
>> DBUS_CFLAGS/DBUS_LIBS and DBUS_GLIB_CFLAGS/LIBS to maemo.am [1]
>>
>> 2. Commit e88bfa62143bbbf020c234303c941385c7c19014 ("C++: automatically
>> determine iterator types") changes the Maemo code in a way that it
>> doesn't compile, the fix is trivial [2]
>>
>> Let me know if I should submit these patches here, or if someone could
>> pick up these changes for a new release.
>
> A merge request against
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/SyncEvolution/syncevolution would be
> better.

Okay, I'll send in a merge request this week.

Regards,
Merlijn