[systemd-devel] 'tasks' as first-order objects?

Ozan Çağlayan ozan at pardus.org.tr
Fri Aug 13 05:01:04 PDT 2010

On 13.08.2010 09:52, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:

> I'd be happier with Type=oneshot, since it communicates more clearly
> what it is about, especially to people without a math/CS background.

Type=oneshot does really explain what will happen when the process starts.
As a person who doesn't speak English as the native tongue, I even don't know
the meaning of transient, so I'll have to check with a dictionary or the man
pages for understanding what will happen.

"oneshot" is also a parameter of irqbalance[0], see:

--oneshot
    Causes irqbalance to be run once, after which the daemon exits

So it's at least once used in the open source world for the very same meaning ;)

[0]: http://linux.die.net/man/1/irqbalance