[systemd-devel] 'tasks' as first-order objects?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Fri Aug 13 05:42:38 PDT 2010

On Fri, 13.08.10 08:52, Tollef Fog Heen (tfheen at err.no) wrote:

> | > 'function'
> | > 'oneshot'
> | > 'single'
> | > 'not-respawning'
> | >
> | > (None of these are necessarily good.)
> |
> | "oneshot" sounds the best choice from this list to me. What are your
> | opinions on "transient"?
> |
> | I am tempted to do s/finish/transient/. Anybody else has an opinion on
> | this?
>
> I'd be happier with Type=oneshot, since it communicates more clearly
> what it is about, especially to people without a math/CS background.

"oneshot" it is, then. Thanks for all your suggestions!

I'll change all occurences of Type=finish in git now. If somebody
maintains external unit files of Type=finish he must fix this manually,
as I believe we are still early enough to not supply an implicit upgrade
path.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.