[systemd-devel] [lennart at kemper.freedesktop.org: [systemd-commits] src/pam-module.c]

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Fri Dec 24 01:56:53 PST 2010

Heya,

just wanted to let everybody know that I reverted the logic in
pam_sytemd which automatically creates a cgroup in the 'cpu' hierarchy
for every user/session, since it makes it impossible to use RT
scheduling from user/session processes then. For a longer explanation
see the patch I commited (attachment).

This probably needs to be fixed in the kernel before we can enable this
by default again in systemd.

This is related to the issue reported in LWN about JACK+cgroups. Also,
this issue breaks my 4 line bash patch as known from slashdot, and I am
wondering if the auto-grouping kernel patch is affected by this too.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.