[systemd-devel] [lennart at kemper.freedesktop.org: [systemd-commits] src/pam-module.c]

fykcee1 at gmail.com fykcee1 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 19:05:51 PST 2010

Hi Lennart,

2010/12/24 Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net>

> This is related to the issue reported in LWN about JACK+cgroups. Also,
> this issue breaks my 4 line bash patch as known from slashdot,

AIUI, This is not a kernel problem, and is related with
libcgroup<http://sourceforge.net/projects/libcg/>
.

Quotes from LWN(lwn.net/Articles/420407):
"""
if a process is run in a control group with no access to realtime
scheduling, that process will not be able to put itself into a realtime
scheduling class regardless of any resource limit settings.

The kernel, by default, grants realtime access to the "root" control group -
the one which contains all processes in the absence of some policy to the
contrary.
"""

"""
If, however, (1) the libcgroup package has been installed, and (2)
that package has been configured to put all user processes into a
default (non-root) group, the situation changes.

The libcgroup default group does not have realtime access, so processes
expecting to be able to run in a realtime scheduling class will be
disappointed.
"""

IMHO, It should be the job of some thing(like systemd) directly play with
cgroup.
It seems systemd doesn't use libcgroup, am I right? Then, It should be fine
if systemd grants realtime access to cgroup for each user session itself.

--
Regards,

- cee1