[systemd-devel] Compiling in a sandbox

olechrt at stud.ntnu.no olechrt at stud.ntnu.no
Thu Jun 17 23:50:21 PDT 2010

Thomas Jones:

> Ah, sorry I was wrong user-sandbox is not in the default FEATURES (Also
> I haven't tried systemd myself yet so I don't know if it works for me :P)

I was convinced portage compiled as the portage user, and didn't know about
usersandbox. Adding it and userpriv to FEATURES fixed my problem (userpriv
being the important one). Thank you.

Lennart Poettering:

>> I'd experiment myself, but to be honest, the makefiles make my head
>> spin.
>
> Uh, they are actually pretty straight-forward automake.

I'm sure they are. I've been a linux user since the late 90s, but all
my development has been closed source (except a few patches here and
there), so I'm new to automake. I've read a few tutorials since
yesterday. Hopefully I'll be able to make myself useful soon.

-OC