Running a systemd-based Gentoo system

Jack Byer ftn768 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 05:40:50 PDT 2010

Will systemd support the kind of flexibility that Gentoo provides with the
/etc/conf.d structure?

I can change the behavior of any file in /etc/init.d by editing or creating
a corresponding file in /etc/conf.d. Sometimes this configuration can be
quite extensive - modifying command-line parameters that are passed to the
program or allowing giving sysadmins to add or override dependencies without
ever needing to modify any file in /etc/init.d