[systemd-devel] Announcing libqsystemd

Stefan Majewsky stefan.majewsky at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 12 05:42:23 PDT 2011

Hi there,

I've been hacking the last few days on a Qt-based client library that
wraps systemd's DBus interface. Code is hosted on KDE's Git server at
[1]. I've just requested to promote this project from the scratch area
to the playground area. When that happens, the remote will change to
[2]. From that point, patches can also be sent in via the ReviewBoard
instance at [3].

Currently, I'm working on getting the infrastructure into place. I'm
approaching it like a bindings project, and try to generate most of
the involved boiler-plate code automatically, so please don't wonder
that most of the code is Python scripts running over incomplete C++
sources and JSON-encoded data files.

The library itself uses only QtCore and QtDBus, but there are a few
examples available for clients using the library which also use KDE
frameworks (most prominently a proof-of-concept Plasma dataengine).

The purpose of this mail is mainly to announce that an effort is going
on in this direction. Unfortunately, I won't be able to reply to mails
or push my commits starting from today evening (CEST) through next
Saturday because of lack of connectivity.

Greetings
Stefan Majewsky

P.S. Lennart, just in case you have trouble remembering my name: I was
the one who talked to you about systemd integration in KDE at the
island party on Tuesday. I would have liked to come to the BoF on
Wednesday, but had an important appointment.

[1] git://anongit.kde.org/scratch/majewsky/libqsystemd
[2] git://anongit.kde.org/libqsystemd
[3] http://reviewboard.kde.org