[systemd-devel] ConditionKernelCommandLine not working?

Albert Strasheim fullung at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 13:04:14 PDT 2011

Hello

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 9:17 PM, Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 16.08.11 19:53, Albert Strasheim (fullung at gmail.com) wrote:
>> Hello again
>> My previous example confused the issue by mentioning fedora-autorelabal.service.
>> With the following in /etc/systemd/system/foobar.service:
> So, I tried to reproduce your issue with ConditionKernelCommandLine= to
> no luck. Everything appears to work just fine for me?

Have you tried the .service I provided here?

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2011-August/003143.html

I just tested again with systemd v33 and had the same issue. I can't
see anything in the git log that would have fixed this issue between
v33 and HEAD.

Also, Jóhann Guðmundsso said here that foo=bar isn't parsed correctly:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2011-August/003155.html

Was he right about that?

Maybe it matters where foo=bar appears in cmdline? In my tests I have
it as the last parameter.

By the way, it might be useful if systemctl status could provide more
information about which condition failed instead of just "start
condition failed"?

> Can you isolate a minimal test case for me against current git?

Testing against current git is a bit tricky for me, since I don't have
a F16 development machine up yet.

I'm building and running test systems using F16 packages on F15 with
qemu-kvm. I'll see if I can get one up tomorrow.

Regards

Albert