[systemd-devel] Linux Journal API/client lib

Rainer Gerhards rgerhards at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 11:41:41 PST 2011

I have digested our discussion now. Two questions came up:

The first one is a bit direct and blunt, my apologies for that. But I
want to make sure I put effort into the right place. Do you see any
benefit in an interface like I described (reading and writing the
journal from the syslogd)? Or do you think this is a needless effort?

The second one is on /dev/log: is what is provided to the syslogd just
like "the real thing"? I am specifically concerned if SCM_CREDENTIALS
will properly identify the log emitter.

Thanks,
Rainer