[systemd-devel] help on syslog-ng and systemd-kmsg-syslogd.service

microcai microcai at fedoraproject.org
Mon Dec 12 02:12:34 PST 2011

Hi guys.

I had this issue since the release of systemd-37.

system start up hang on syslog-ng

If I comment out ExecStartPre=/bin/systemctl stop systemd-kmsg-syslogd.service
then system boots successfull. But, dbus-daemon keep on poluting my screens.
dbus became quiet while I manully stop systemd-kmsg-syslogd.service.

So, that's why we need "ExecStartPre=/bin/systemctl stop
systemd-kmsg-syslogd.service" in the first place.

Question is , why system hang when I have "ExecStartPre=/bin/systemctl stop
systemd-kmsg-syslogd.service" in syslog-ng.service ?

syslog-ng = 3.2.4