[systemd-devel] systemd as a session manager

Peeters Simon peeters.simon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 11:11:06 PST 2011

hey,

first of all, sorry if this doesn't belong on the devel-list, but i
couldn't find any other place to go with my question

I am using systemd since v11 as init, but now i would like to also use
systemd as a session manager (because gnome-session takes up more than
half of my boot time), but i couldn't find any information on it
except for some references to that functionality and a mail from
lennart saying that it works with (back then) only a minor problem
about cgroup permissions.

Wed Jun 2 (systemd-devel mailing list)
>> systemd can be a session manager too.  At least that's the plan, I don't
>> know if it works yet.
>
>It does, with one exception: you need to manually give yourself write
>access to your own cgroup so that systemd can create subcgroups. But
>then it works really well, and I use it a lot to debug things.
>
>Lennart

is there anybody who knows if this is currently working (with or
without minor problems), and could help me getting started with it? (i
have for now no clue about how it works)

thanks in advance

Simon