[systemd-devel] /usr on separate file system

Adam Spragg adam at spra.gg
Fri Feb 25 09:28:21 PST 2011

On Friday 25 Feb 2011 13:35:14 Adam Spragg wrote:
> On Friday 25 Feb 2011 13:00:51 Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
> > Commit
> > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/commit/?id=80758717a6359cbe6048f43a17
> > c 2b53a3ca8c2fa declared separate /usr unsupported. What is really the
> > reason for it?
>
> This does seem odd. Might I also point out...

Forget this. Have seen Lennart's reply, read the README, and then found
<http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-devel@lists.debian.org/msg276271.html>
which is unbelievably depressing.

Still, at least it looks like Debian is trying to keep things sane, and the
new kit I was planning on putting together in the next couple of weeks (on
Debian) with a separate /usr has an outside chance of working...

Adam