[systemd-devel] [RFC] Preset Files

Marius Tolzmann tolzmann at molgen.mpg.de
Tue Jul 5 16:07:05 PDT 2011

On 06.07.2011 00:51, Kay Sievers wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 00:42, Lennart Poettering<lennart at poettering.net>  wrote:
>>>
>>> We will require an argument. There will no 'change all services'
>>> logic.
>>
>> Uh?
>>
>> Actually, I do want a way how people can reset all service enable states
>> to what the vendor intended. And that should be "systemctl preset"
>> without arguments I believe.
>
> That sounds pretty scary, it would usually just enable all installed
> services. This probably causes trouble with things like syslogs and
> login-managers that might be installed but only one of them should be
> enabled at the time. Not sure how that should really work.

But they will be enabled anyway after installation if no 'disable
login-manager.service' or 'disable *' is listed in any preset file and
systemctl preset <unit> is run?

i am just afraid that someday 'systemctl preset' will break my setup
even if a havn't defined 'enable/disable *' anywhere.

bye marius..