[systemd-devel] systemctl -H/-P does not work

Mantas Mikulėnas grawity at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 02:43:25 PDT 2011

Hello.

I've been trying to use the -H (remote host) and -P (policykit) options in both 'systemctl' and 'systemd-loginctl', but they always return the same DBus error message:

> $ systemctl -H localhost
> Failed to get D-Bus connection: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")

The same is displayed for -P. DBus is running as system and session bus, and both 'systemctl' and 'systemd-loginctl' work fine locally. $DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS is set to the usual "unix:abstract=...,guid=..." address. Tested with systemd releases 25-30.

Is this a bug, or is there something I'm missing in how the options are supposed to be used?

--
Mantas M. (grawity)