[systemd-devel] vgetty under systemd

Ryan Nelson ryan.freedesktop at rnelnet.com
Fri Jul 15 10:35:54 PDT 2011

I did a minimal search on your list and longer on the web about trying
to get vgetty working under systemd.  Forgive me although I just
learning about systemd.

So I use to have vgetty a program under the mgetty software working as
an answering machine.  I would get calls would be picked up and then
acted apone via vgetty, under Sys V by the following line:

--snip inittab--
S1:2345:respawn:/sbin/vgetty ttyS2
--end snip--

under upstart the following file did the same:

--snip /etc/event.d/ttyS2--
# ttyS2 - vgetty
#
# This service maintains a getty on tty1 from the point the system is
# started until it is shut down again.

start on stopped rc2
start on stopped rc3
start on stopped rc4
start on stopped rc5

stop on runlevel 0
stop on runlevel 1
stop on runlevel 6

respawn
exec /sbin/vgetty ttyS2
--end snip--

I'm trying to determine how to get the same functionality working under
systemd.  I suppose I have to generate a .service file however I don't
know how to do this for this service.  Any help would be grateful!

Thanks in advance for info,
Ryan