[systemd-devel] how to let systemd mount /run very early?

yang.y.yi at gmail.com yang.y.yi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 19:55:31 PDT 2011

The below is i see in Fedora 15:

[root at yangyi-dev2 /]# cat /etc/*-release
Fedora release 15 (Lovelock)
Fedora release 15 (Lovelock)
Fedora release 15 (Lovelock)
[root at yangyi-dev2 /]# rpm -qf /var/run/
abrt/           cups/           gdm/            lock/
netreport/      openvpn/        ppp/            sepermit/
setroubleshoot/ vpnc/
console/        faillock/       libgpod/        lvm/
NetworkManager/ plymouth/       pptp/           setrans/
utmp            wpa_supplicant/
[root at yangyi-dev2 /]# rpm -qf /var/run/abrt
abrt-2.0.2-5.fc15.x86_64
[root at yangyi-dev2 /]# rpm -qf /var/lo
local/ lock/  log/
[root at yangyi-dev2 /]# rpm -qf /var/lo
local/ lock/  log/
[root at yangyi-dev2 /]# rpm -qf /var/lock/l
lockdev/ lvm/
[root at yangyi-dev2 /]# rpm -qf /var/lock/lvm
lvm2-2.02.84-1.fc15.x86_64
[root at yangyi-dev2 /]#

/run is a disk directory, /var/lock -> /run/lock, /var/run -> /run,
http://lwn.net/Articles/436012/ told about /run.