[systemd-devel] (newbie) question: dependency on ldap/kerberos

Josh Geisser josh at gebaschtel.ch
Wed Jun 15 12:42:09 PDT 2011

I think I understand the .target and .wants in the meanwhile, so I gave up with trying achieving the exact same as before :)

I see the advantage of systemd. What I basically want is to make samba dependent on my own 'check-ad-avail.target', which depends on network.

What I failed yet is to actually assemble what I've been used with /etc/init.d/myrcscript [start|stop|status] into a .target, but that'll take another weekend of trial'n'error with VirtualBox and some custom RC scripts, and getting a bit used to systemd.

Do you have a good page translating "how in  RH/SuSE/Ubuntu/SUN/AIX/...,  so in systemd "? howto for unix operators?

Cheers & thx
Josh